Hawaii Animal Rescue Foundation (H.A.R.F)
Hawaii Animal Rescue Foundation, P.O. Box 515, Puunene, HI 96784 - Ph.
- Hawaii Animal Rescue Foundation (H.A.R.F.) are committed to our work of promoting the benefits of spaying and neutering, education the community about the humane treatment of animals and finding loving forever homes for each and animal that comes to us.
- As we grow and build one of our goals is to help
people keep their animals rather than giving them up or
giving up on them. This may be in the form of food, shelter,
training, a place to rent that accepts pets, help taking a
pet with them if leaving the islands. These are just a few.
- Education is a really big issue for us. Helping the families understand why they need to do certain things will flow down thru the generations and help alleviate a lot of the issues we face today. Offering low cost and free spay and neutering.
- Volunteers are a very important part of our organization. They foster ill and needy pets, help build the shelter and help with the maintaining of it for years to come.
- Being a nonprofit always means any help that can be given is appreciated. We always need food, beds, blankets, towels and of course contributions.
- If you would like to become a member, want more info, interested in any of our programs, or would like to donate money and or items to us please give us a call at (808)876-0022.
- We are a group of experienced animal welfare people in Hawaii that are buying land and building a state of the art NO KILL animal center. As we are doing this, members of our team are also doing animal rescue on the run. What we mean by this is: We take in animals in need from the community, as well, as partnering with other animal welfare organization throughout the State. This effort collectively helps to reduce pet overpopulation and homelessness within our community. Many of these animals have behavioral issues from lack of training and or caring. Our organization works with each animal and if needed send then to a special trainer. We handle medical issues that many come with and ensure they are medically cared for by a licensed veterinarian. We also will do what we can for the livestock that are in distress, i.e. no food, water, shade.